I've got a batch of egg shaped cake balls waiting in my fridge for "enrobing". Instead of the usual frosting and cake mixture, I swapped out the frosting for caramel sauce.
Now I'm wondering if:
1) I can freeze the caramel sauce to a playdough like state.
2) Roll the viscous caramel into balls
3) Wrap the cake balls around it and recreate the egg shape.
Therefore creating Homemade Cadbury Caramel Cake Eggs!
*sweet glimmer of determination in my eyes*
I will attempt the freezing tonight!
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Friday, March 22, 2013
Sunday, September 16, 2012
I made this cute appetizer to take over to my mother's house, along with a couple of extra large Parmesan Zucchini Bruschetta prepared on Naan (which was very pretty and tasted awesomely rich.)
I was inspired by these Italian Lollipops.
They are simple but take a few minutes:
• Cherry Tomatoes
• Mini Mozzarella Pearls
• Balsamic Glaze
• Fresh Basil Leaves
• Squeeze a drop or two of glaze inside for flavor
• Drop in a small cheese ball
• Thread the basil on a toothpick for a sail and skewer the mast onto your Caprese Sailboat!